Wellness as a Way of Life
Wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.(National Wellness Institute)
Senior wellness is about taking care of your body, mind, and spirit so that you can continue to enjoy active independent senior living for years to come. As a Marquette resident, you have a host of wellness opportunities to choose from every day. Our 14,000 square foot fitness and aquatic center was developed with the assistance of the National Institute for Fitness and Sports for the specific purpose of meeting the diverse fitness needs of seniors. The center features two full-time, certified manager/trainers who will work with you to create a wellness plan tailored to your individual needs and fitness level. If you enjoy the fun and fellowship that comes with a group, you can try water aerobics or any of our other fitness classes focused on strength, balance and flexibility.
8 Dimensions of Wellness
Marquette’s innovative 8 Dimensions of Wellness program is about more than just health and fitness. By incorporating other aspects, such as emotional, spiritual and intellectual well-being, this signature senior wellness program offers a truly all-encompassing approach for mind, body and spirit.
- Physical: Swim, take fitness classes, walk our trails.
- Spiritual: Attend religious services, try meditation or Tai Chi.
- Vocational: Volunteer, share your time and talents.
- Social: Join a social group, play cards, go on a day trip with neighbors.
- Intellectual: Take a class, attend a seminar or lecture series, join a book club, do crossword puzzles.
- Emotional: Join our laughter club, attend a support group or own a pet.
- Environmental: Get involved and help shape our community.
- Health Services: Visit the Lynne O’Day Clinic.
“The Marquette Athletic Center is top-of-the line. Plus, the staff really care about my well-being. They develop wellness programs that encompass every part of my life.” – David Lewis