Marquette: Independent Living in Indianapolis, Indiana
Moving from the home you’ve lived in for years can be a big step. That’s why we’ve designed our independent living community for seniors around the things that mean the most to you—freedom, independence, and ability to live the carefree, maintenance-free lifestyle you want, all just minutes from downtown’s shopping and entertainment. At Marquette, you can spend your days doing exactly what you want to do, and you’ll find lots of services, amenities, and fun, engaging activities that nurture all 8 Dimensions of Wellness to help you live your very best life. It’s the retirement life you love—but even better!
Keep your body moving at our 14,000-square-foot fitness and aquatic center
with heated indoor pool, state-of-the-art aerobic and strength training equipment, fitness and aerobics classes, personal training and more. Walk or bike on our smooth outdoor exercise trails.
Enjoy our calendar of outings and daytrips to fun, interesting, and educational places
throughout the area. Come along to the symphony, theater, and monthly lunch and dinner outings. At Marquette, we’re going places!
Stimulate your intellect at our “At the Podium” guest lecture series.
Weigh in on current events in our news discussion groups. Indulge in your favorite hobbies or learn new skills, from woodworking to gardening to pottery to singing in our community Marquette Sings choral group. Take part in our Poet’s Corner and Book Review gatherings.
Check the daily calendar to see what fun activities are happening every day.
Meet friends in our inviting gathering spaces for laughter and conversation, at the Township Tavern for an adult beverage, or at Foundation Hall for movie night. Join the knitting group, play cards, bingo or Wii bowling, or compete in a corn toss tournament against other communities. There are lots of great ways to socialize and make new friends at Marquette!
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared dining in a variety of lovely venues, including our formal dining room, casual grill, and outdoor dining space
- Township Tavern, the perfect place to meet friends for a cocktail or a glass of wine
- Marquette Athletic Center (MAC), our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic center run by the National Institute of Fitness and Sports (NIFS)
- Wellness programs overseen by two full-time, onsite personal trainers
- Massage studio
- Foundation Hall, our performing arts center
- On-campus BMO Harris banking
- Guest suites and private dining room for when you have visitors
- On-campus Woodworking Shop
- Many wonderful places to gather, including our library, billiards room, outdoor patio space and gardens
- Marquette Dental Office and the Lynne O’Day Clinic which provides a variety of healthcare services
- Fully equipped business center
- On-campus chapel providing services for a variety of faiths
- Walking and biking trails
- The Corner Gift Shoppe
As a Life Plan Community, Marquette provides a seamless transition to assisted living, memory care, long-term care, or rehab, if ever needed, at a predictable cost for life
You can be sure that Marquette is the retirement community in Indianapolis that takes service seriously.
And we know that the way we provide our services to you is just as important as the services themselves. We ensure that every interaction with you and your family is meaningful and memorable. Below are just some of the personal services we provide:
- Convenient transportation for shopping, medical appointments and scheduled events and outings
- Valet parking
- Bi-weekly housekeeping and weekly flat linen service
- Assistance in Living services available to help you age in place in your independent living residence (additional fee)
- Healthcare services at the on-campus Lynne O’Day Clinic
When you choose independent living at Marquette, the only things you’ll be giving up are the things that slow you down, hold you back, and keep you from living your very best retirement life.
These are some of the residential services we take care of, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Prompt and complete maintenance of your apartment home or cottage, including all appliances supplied by Marquette
- Meticulous lawn care and snow removal ensuring the grounds are always beautiful, safe and inviting for you and your visitors
- Gated community with security personnel on-site 24/7
- 24-hour emergency call system in every residence, as well as daily check-in system and pendants with GPS tracking system
- Expanded basic cable, internet and all utilities (except phone) included in your residence
- Free wireless internet access throughout campus
Think of Marquette as your new favorite dining hot spot--or spots! Here you’ll enjoy a delicious variety of fresh, healthy, chef-prepared dishes from an eclectic menu in a number of beautifully appointed spaces, including our formal Hackl Legacy Dining Room, the casual Fireside Grill, and our lovely outdoor terrace, or—when you’d like to entertain friends and family or celebrate a special event—our private dining room. Feel like staying home? We’ll deliver right to your front door! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner—they’re all being served, and always your choice.
With a wide variety of floor plan options, Marquette gives you the opportunity to choose one that’s perfect for you. Because when you find the layout you love, you really feel at home. Your beautiful new apartment or cottage home has everything you will need, with contemporary layouts designed with you in mind. Each one has a bright, sunny interior, fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, and, yes, lots of storage, with large walk-in closets for easy organization. Take a look at just a sample of the nearly 30 beautifully designed independent living floor plans available at Marquette.Explore Floor Plans
As a life plan community, Marquette allows you to live a vibrant, active lifestyle now, knowing you’ll have the security and convenient access to higher levels of quality, on-campus care whenever it is needed at a predictable cost for life.
We offer flexible financing with three different options, including our Traditional Plan, as well as our 50% Return-of- Capital™ Plan and 80% Return-of- Capital™ Plan which refund a substantial percentage of your entrance fee to you or your estate, regardless of how long you reside in our community.
Events For Prospective Residents
Interested in Marquette? Come join us for one of our fun and informative special events for prospective residents! It’s a great opportunity for you to learn more about us and see first-hand all the incredible amenities we have to offer.See Events