Marquette: Assisted Living in Indianapolis, Indiana
Sometimes all you need is a helping hand, and that’s just what you’ll get at Bernard L. Strange Pavilion, Marquette’s premier assisted living community. We’ll help with all the basic activities of daily living—whatever you need, it’s always your choice—including bathing, dressing and grooming, medication management, and personal maintenance. Because we’re a Life Plan Community, you have the advantage of being able to seamlessly transition from independent living to assisted living at a predictable cost for life. Plus, you can always enter Marquette right at the level of care you need, including assisted living.
At Marquette, we know that the way we provide our services is just as important as the services themselves.
We ensure that every interaction with our residents and their families is meaningful and memorable. Below are just some of the personal services we provide for assisted living residents:
- Assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing and grooming, incontinence care and medication management
- Licensed nursing staff onsite 24 hours a day to provide medical assessments
- Monthly vital signs and weight monitoring, diabetes monitoring and care
- Dental, podiatry, dermatology, eye care, mental health, and audiology services provided by visiting specialists
- Convenient transportation for shopping, medical appointments and scheduled events and outings
- Emergency response system, providing personal safety and peace of mind
- Daily bed-making and trash removal
- Weekly cleaning and weekly flat linen service
When you choose assisted living at Marquette, you’ll enjoy the freedom and flexibility to do what you want, when you want, with a helping hand anytime you need it.
These are just some of the residential services we take care of, so you don’t have to:
- Prompt and complete maintenance of your apartment home, including all appliances supplied by Marquette
- Meticulous lawn care and snow removal ensuring the grounds are always beautiful, safe and inviting for you and your visitors
- Gated community with security personnel on-site 24/7
- 24-hour emergency call system in every residence, as well as daily check-in system and pendants with GPS tracking system
- Expanded basic cable, internet and all utilities (except phone) included in your residence
- Free wireless internet throughout campus
Keep your body moving in our fun “balance and core” exercise classes and your brain
fit with our stimulating brain games. Enjoy a swim in the heated indoor pool at the Marquette Athletic Center. Take a walk with friends on our smooth walking paths.
Enjoy our calendar of outings and daytrips to fun, interesting, and educational places
throughout the area. Come along to the symphony, theater, and monthly lunch and dinner outings. At Marquette, we’re going places!
Stimulate your intellect at our “At the Podium” guest lecture series. Weigh in on
current events in our news discussion groups. Indulge in your favorite hobbies, from woodworking to gardening to singing in our community Marquette Sings choral group. Take part in our Poet’s Corner and Book Review gatherings.
Check the daily calendar to see what fun activities are happening every day.
Meet friends in our inviting gathering spaces for laughter and conversation, at the Township Tavern for an adult beverage, or at Foundation Hall for movie night. Join the knitting group, play cards, bingo or Wii bowling, or compete in a corn toss tournament against other communities. There are lots of great ways to socialize and make new friends at Marquette!
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared dining
- Apartment homes equipped with full-sized refrigerator, microwave and sink
- Township Tavern, the perfect place to meet friends for a cocktail or a glass of wine
- Marquette Athletic Center (MAC), our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic center run by the National Institute of Fitness and Sports (NIFS)
- Wellness programs overseen by two full-time, onsite personal trainers
- Massage studio
- Foundation Hall, our performing arts center
- On-campus BMO Harris banking
- Pet-friendly facility
- Guest suites and private dining room for when you have visitors
- On-campus Woodworking Shop
- Many wonderful places to gather, including our library, billiards room, outdoor patio space and gardens
- Marquette Dental Office and the Lynne O’Day Clinic which provides a variety of healthcare services
- Fully equipped business center
- On-campus chapel providing services for a variety of faiths
- Walking and biking trails
- The Corner Gift Shoppe
As a Life Plan Community, Marquette provides a seamless transition from assisted living to memory care, long-term care, or rehab, if ever needed, at a predictable cost for life. Read about how COVID-19 has impacted our community and will continue to shape our amenities.
Think of dining at Marquette as your new favorite neighborhood hot spot! Here you’ll enjoy a delicious variety of fresh, healthy, chef-prepared dishes from an eclectic menu in our lovely dining room or—when you’d like to entertain friends and family or celebrate a special event—our private dining room. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner—they’re all being served, and always your choice!
- Long term care insurance
- Life insurance
- Veteran’s benefits
- Sale of a home
- Bridge loan